Saturday, April 12, 2014

Task 2 Screencast

Well since making a start on Task 1 and continuing all the way through Task 2, I have been catching up with my lovely peers by text, instant messaging and in person for coffee. Special thanks to Joelene Nottle for pointing out that I could use screenshots on word and save as an image to then insert on my webpage, that idea hadn't even crossed my mind because I was too busy trying to find complicated solutions. Thanks to Rebecca Exley for the late night inspirations and encouragement. Throwing around our ideas via text message in the middle of study sessions has helped my Social Learner page grow. I was impressed after I viewed your presentation with instructions for your Wicked Wix event at the level of detail. I decided that I wanted to go outside of my comfort zone and give the screencast a go but was unsure about the end result, so thanks for viewing it for me to give me some feedback. I know that part of this task is a formal peer review but without on going help from peers during the creation process I think that I would have missed vital components of the task. For example, it wasn't until I read Jolene's Social Learner Page that I realised that I needed to describe the event and my justification of social media in more detail. It was Fiona Walter's blogs that made me understand that my descriptions of finding solutions to my technology fails needed to be very precise and explicit. So thanks ladies, I appreciate it!

Seeking feedback from my peers has been a natural response to the Tasks required. I have come to understand that this is leading us nicely into Task 3 which will require an even higher level of collaboration with peers. I can see the scaffolding taking place of the authentic tasks building on one to the next. So it will be exciting to introduce myself to the group and get to know some more peers.

To complete instructions to create a Flickr account and join my group I decided to use Screen-o-matic due to it having a recordable time of 15 minutes. I didn't want to rush my instructions. It also allowed me to pause the recording which I found very handy since all three of my children were home at the time. However, even with the pause function, my third attempt at recording still had background sounds from the children and dogs. By this stage, after receiving some feedback from Rebecca as mentioned above, I made the decision to submit the recording as my draft and wait for further feedback from my peers prior to the final submission date. I'm sure that if I had continued to try to get a flawless recording that I would find something to pick on it each time so instead I will await further feedback. You can find Screen-o-matic via this link http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/  

In my last blog I described a problem that I had had with Flickr and geotagging photos. Since then I have successfully tagged the photos and they now show up on my map. It turned out that all I had to do was go into "Organize" and select location and then alter the "geoprivacy" once that had been done I was able to drag each photo to the location on the map. To work out how to do this I went onto the help page on Flickr, typed in my query and below is a screen shot of what I was presented with. I then read up on a couple of these before attempting the steps described above and hey presto it worked! So next blog I expect that I would have completed a peer review and received one, so till then ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment