Thursday, March 20, 2014

Well what a difference a few days make! I am very pleased to say that my poster is completed and my assignment submitted, YES! To sum up the end product was created with Piktochart after trying a couple of other software packages I found it the most user friendly. I incorporated authentic learning practices in the final product, solved the problem of saving the document as a printable PDF file, kept the message brief and informative and visually appealing to the target audience.

I have been in contact with two fellow external students using instant messaging on facebook and sent them links of my website to receive some feedback. We were able to use the messaging feature to have a brief discussion about the assignment in real time which I found very helpful. . I also met up with another external peer from the same town and had coffee while looking at each others work. I had some concerns that the information provided on my website was perhaps too personal so I was able to ask their opinions to decide what I needed to change. Looking at the work of my peers also helped me to recognise areas of weakness in my own work, lack of description in my blogs of how I resolved problems was one of them. I also took this into account when describing my poster on my Digital Citizenship page.

Now that Task 1 is completed I am excited to begin on Task 2. At this stage I have no idea what social media to focus on but I am not planning on jumping ahead of myself this time, instead I will wait to receive guidance from the lectures. As it is, I still have illnesses to deal with on the home front so for now I have a little time up my sleeve to focus on getting everyone healthy again. Insert sigh of relief here. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment